Monday, March 1, 2010

Crazy Monday

Ben was out of the house early today and had a full day before I even dragged myself out of bed. He taught moral instruction classes in two schools, headed to town to the printer to get a gospel tract printed (with the theme of the world cup since Cameroon is in the World Cup this year), and then went to get the proper invitation documents stamped for Pastor Lee Atkinson who is coming to visit us at the end of this month. Whew! Busy morning!
On the home front, I woke up at about 7:30 feeling quite ill. I opened my door and told the kids they could get up, but to fend for themselves for breakfast. I was going back to bed. The kids were asking immediately, "Do we have to do school?" I said, "No, I can't supervise school. Get some breakfast and watch a video quietly so I can sleep." I hear Kate, "Emma did you hear that, Mommy is sick ... so we can watch a movie!" No sympathy around here for me. They were very good though. They came in a bit later and asked me, "Can we have cookies for breakfast?" I mumbled an "uh-huh" and they were out the bedroom door again. They sure enjoyed their Monday! Faith came crying at one point, "Mommy, I'm thirsty." I immediately heard Kate shushing her and telling her that she would get her a drink. I really do have good kids. That was so thoughtful of Kate. I saw in that instant that she doesn't always think of herself.
I finally woke up at 10:30 and the kids had been so quiet I actually slept quite hard. I still have no idea what that little bout of stomach trouble was, but I felt much better once I got up. After I bathed (cup and a bucket of course) I got the kids all working to clean up the parlor while I tackled the big pile of dishes. We managed to get it mostly cleaned up before Daddy got home and then we headed to our restaurant. I didn't eat too much, but we enjoyed being together for some family time. Our afternoon was relaxing. We got another heavy rain storm tonight, and now I'm off to bed. Here is my picture for the day.
Hillary comes and watches our house every Monday and this is his bike. The kids were having a lot of fun pretending to drive all over the continent on this thing this morning.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful story about your kids! Hope you are feeling better, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds a little like morning sicknes to me!??? :) I do hope it was a passing thing though... no fun. I'm looking forward to a time when the kids can get breakfast for themselves if I need them too! I LOVE this pic of your kids-- SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to have come across your blog. I love keeping up on blogs and Nick and I will enjoy seeing the kids and the stories of them as we pray for you. Maybe next year when we are in Cameroon Nick will get to come for the first time. Ann Wright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what sweet kiddos - I love how excited they got about the movie though, too cute! Glad you were feeling better when you got up - hopefully that continues. What an awesome bike - the kids look so cute on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! It is great that your kids can fend for themselves sometimes! I need to teach mine that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better Becca and that's so sweet of the kids to let you rest up!

    ReplyDelete