Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Glorious Day!

This morning I woke up to the sound of rushing wind. It was gloriously cool. I went outside and breathed in the fresh air. If I closed my eyes, I could imagine I was basking in an Autumn morning in the U.S. It was just so beautiful out. I could tell that even the kids were enjoying it. They kept asking to take breaks and go outside to play, which is rare for them. Especially for Drew. He is always very intent on getting school done and over with. I couldn't resist them because I wanted to be outside playing too! They spent a chunk of the morning running around with their sweat shirts on playing an imaginary game of Chronicles of Narnia. I enjoyed listening to them. I had all the windows open and the huge curtains were billowing in the breeze. Can I adequately express how thankful I am for rainy season?? I was thinking the other day how blessed we are here. Some countries in Africa suffer through drought. Most of the kids here in Cameroon have never experienced a drought. Diane, a friend of mine, is about 17 and she told me that her grandmother remembers a drought, but that was a long time ago. Anyway, this gorgeous weather was just a bright spot in my whole day!

The kids did eventually finish school and played well this afternoon. They have vivid imaginations! Ben left directly after lunch to run errands in town and for Bamenda's midweek service. People might wonder why I skip Wednesday church...haha! I guess I've never explained our routine for that. Our weeks are so busy and full that Susan and I divide up the midweek services. She and her family go on Wednesday for church in Bamenda. And our family goes to Bambili for the midweek service on Thursday. As the kids get older and are a little more independant in their school, we will probably be able to do both. But for now it is easiest this way.

Here is my picture for the day. I wanted to give you a glimpse of how clear the skies are again and also of how windy it was today! All that gorgeous green is for all the Irish today celebrating Saint Patrick's day! It is amazing that just a few weeks ago all that landscape was a drab brown! Hope your day was as glorious as mine!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love Emma's hair in this picture! :) I feel the same way right now about it being warm as you do about it being cool! I'm so ready for warm weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Becca,
    I "found" your blog through the website and wanted to say I really enjoyed looking through it. My sister and I are in Chattanooga for a week and your Mom mentioned something about you having a blog so I looked you up. I can't believe how big your children are! We have such good memories of playing with Drew when he was a baby.
    May God bless your ministry!
    Jenifer Duarte

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great picture Becca! it looks so beautiful there and her hair blowing like that is so awesome! lol.

    ReplyDelete