Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday is pretty cool here in Cameroon. Everyone carries Palm branches to church to celebrate the day. Unfortunately I didn't think to get any pictures of it...boo on me. Another event that I should have gotten some pictures of today is our Bambili "Chop and Talk"...those two words are pidgin for food and fellowship or talking. We do this about 4 times a year and everyone brings food and we have a meal after church. It is a lot of fun and a great way for our family to eat some African food. Today Kate was chowing down on a fish tail...Mmmmm (not!) She is definitely my most adventurous when it comes to trying unique and new foods. She eats almost any African dish you hand her. I love that girl!!

This afternoon I spent most of my time cleaning the kitchen that I'd completely made a mess of while trying to prepare food for church this morning. The kids had a blast playing outside...at least Drew and Kate did. Emma and Faith took a desperately needed nap. Somehow a butterfly got trapped on our front porch and the kids had so much fun playing with it. It kept landing on them...they were so excited.
Pin It!

2 comments: