Monday, February 22, 2010

short and sweet

This will be short and sweet. I actually forgot to take a photo today. I thought I'd make a blog post tomorrow and find something to pop up on the blog, but when I went into my bathroom tonight to get ready for bed, this is what greeted me.
Yep...a nice slimy snail. Ewwww. All the rain must have brought it out. One story is that some former missionaries that lived in this house had a snake come in through the bathroom plumbing. That has crossed my mind at times when getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom...but thankfully we have never seen a snake. Inside the house that is. We have seen several outside the house.
The extra rain this past weekend has been glorious! I can't even describe how wonderful it is after not seeing one little drop since before Thanksgiving! It is just plain chilly outside and I love it. It has been sweltering...for Bambili anyway. (The people living in Douala would laugh at me probably b/c it is genuinely sweltering there.) Everyone says that it will dry up soon for one more month, and then the real rains will come. I keep wondering if maybe the rains just came early? I guess we will soon find out!
A brief cap of our day...got up, kids did school, went to eat lunch as a family, came home and enjoyed the rainy afternoon, Ben did school, had sandwiches for dinner, devos and bed. That is it in a nutshell!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My question is, did you leave it there or take it outside? Better you than me is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BLEH!!!! I am really happy to hear about all of your rain Becca!

    ReplyDelete