Thursday, February 4, 2010

Every day is an exciting one!

Another exciting day at the Sinclair house. I'm telling you, there is rarely a dull day as a missionary. Every day is ripe with opportunities. We wake up wondering what exciting thing we will encounter on that day. Today...it was a rat mole. Just looking at this first picture doesn't give you an idea of how big these things are. They are almost the size of my cat. In fact we carried her over to this thing, and she wanted nothing to do with it!
Ben went out to turn our water tank off and saw this thing crawling around outside. We soon learned that it was sick b/c they are nocturnal and rarely venture out in the daylight. This one wasn't even scared when we were right next to it. It was really out of it. I'm not sure what was wrong with it, other than it had a big sore on it's face. I was afraid that it might be rabid, and I wanted it killed. I sure didn't want the thing snapping out of it's lethargy and going on a crazy rampage when my kids were out playing.
Ewwww...look how LONG his tail is!!

Well, one of our friends, Hillary, eats rat moles. We were pretty sure he wouldn't want this one, but we called him to be sure. We figured that if he didn't want it for dinner, he could at least "dispose" of it for us. He rushed right up, pulled it out of the action packer Ben had managed to shovel him into and claimed it to be sick. He then took it and banged it against some rocks a few time and threw it down the hill. I kinda felt bad...yet I was glad. As I mentioned, I was just concerned about it having rabies and biting the kids.
Other than that interesting event, we did school, I scrapped a layout, we went to church and came home and enjoyed our evening of dinner and then devotions. Our story of Josiah is getting exciting. The kids don't want to stop at just one chapter!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That's really interesting. I wouldn't want it in my yard either, especially if it was sick. You just don't know what it will do.

    It looks as if it's about the size of the possum that keeps visiting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEWWWWW!!!! I just got a chill from that story! I don't blame you for disposing of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you don't realize how big that sucker is until you see the photo of it being carried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I HATE HATE HATE HATE rodents, bugs anything like that. I would flip out if I saw that!

    ReplyDelete