Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's A Date!

Yes, Ben and I were able to have a much needed and long awaited date together today. Rosemary Craven, a single missionary who lives nearby, offered to come and watch the kids while we went to Bamenda and got some lunch together and did some shopping. It was just so nice to be able to be alone, hold hands and not have to constantly reprimand and control the kids. Ahhhh...it was great. We arrived home to squeals of I missed you. What was really funny was that when Rosemary arrived at our house this morning, the kids kept saying, "Mom, Dad...isn't it time for you to leave?" They love Miss Rosemary...or Miss Mary as Faith Ann calls her. They went on an adventure hike in search of chameleons, read books and watched a movie together. Ben and I ate at a little hole in the wall (literally...this restaurant is the size of most of your hallways in your house) and walked around Commercial avenue. Here we are after our meal together. One of the shops we went to was the local handicraft store in Bamenda. They have some really cool stuff...I wanted to just buy up everything! Look at these handcarved giraffes: And I want about 4 of these stools in our house to replace the cheesy end tables we have. They can be end tables, and also double as extra seating if we need it. I especially love the elephant ones at the very top. Most of this stuff is hand carved out of ebony and mahogony wood. And here is just a shot from the entrance looking inside the store. It is just a fun place to browse.
We also found a small gas station that had some American candy. They had a bag of conversation hearts from CVS. The bag had the stamped price of 99 cents...and they were asking 1,000 francs (which is over $2). We did find some chocolate for dipping. We thought it would be fun to dip pretzels for a fun snack in the future.
Our day was really enjoyable. I came home and took a much needed nap. I didn't get enough sleep this week and it is catching up to me. I haven't felt that great today. As soon as I finish here it is off to bed for me! 'Night!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, are these the shops that we usually go to when we are there? Cool stuff. I am glad that you had an opportunity to get out by yourselves. You do look tired Becca and I hope you got some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a GREAT pic of you two! You haven't changed! :) It was fun to read about your evening. miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a day to yourselves! Great picture of you two! Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested to see a picture of a chair like the one that shall not be named for causing Faith Ann's injury. I am having the hardest time picturing a heavy solid wood folding chair!

    ReplyDelete