Friday, February 26, 2010

Day with Friends

I recently sold my kitchenaid mixer. My mom bought me a new one that runs on 220 current and so a missionary living close by mentioned that he needed something to grind his meat. I told him the kitchenaid does a great job. If he could get a hold of the grinder attachment, I would sell him my kitchenaid at a good price. So...he finally bought it and Ben and I were frantically digging to find it today. Ben said that I'd taken it back to the states, but I was SURE I hadn't (at least I was pretty sure!) That little doubt kept nagging at the back of my mind as we hunted closets and shelves. While we were hunting we happened to dig in an old suitcase. Inside was a Christmas gift that was intended for Drew...oh, maybe three years ago!! oops! It was a spiderman book that goes to our story reader. Drew is a big spidey fan. I ran in the house and said, "Drew, you are NOT going to believe what I found." I showed him and boy was he pumped. He had just finished his school and went looking for the story reader. The girls weren't done with school, but I let them all sit around and listen to the story. That sure made his day!

And I am happy to report that we DID in fact find the kitchenaid...whew!

Susan invited us down to spend the afternoon at her house again...and I'm SO thankful. We haven't had water for a week now, and my laundry was piled out the whazoo. It was very spur of the moment, but I jumped out of my chair and gathered my laundry and was in our car in about 5 minutes. As soon as we got to her house I was able to take a MUCH needed shower! I mean...not that I haven't bathed (lol)...I bathe every day (with a bucket of water and a cup), but there is nothing like a shower. Those of you who are in a first world country...say a big prayer of thanksgiving when you jump in the shower tomorrow morning. I know I said a big prayer of thanks today! And if you think about it...please pray that they can figure out our water situation so we can at least get enough water to fill our reserve tank.

We had an enjoyable afternoon and evening and the kids of course were on cloud 9...they love spending time with their friends. And as always, Susan and I enjoyed our fellowship with one another. I'm so thankful for our friendship!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. How funny. Keep digging and maybe you will find some more treasures. I know you all enjoyed your day. Praying for you that you will get your water in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ironic post Becca - I just posted about you on my blog early this a.m. and it was about this very same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good day! I'll be praying for your water to come in soon!!

    ReplyDelete