Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day to all you special Fathers. I appreciate my Dad so much. The other day one of the kids came to Ben with a broken toy...and of course he fixed it. That is one thing I remember about my dad. If something needed fixing I always knew I could depend on him to take care of it for me. He is also one of the few people that I feel safe riding in a car with. I don't know why I mentioned that... :D But, it's true. I feel completely safe with him.



And another special shout out to the father of my 4 beautiful treasures. Ben is such a great dad. He always takes time to be with the kids. They can count on him to be there and he proves it now in the little things, "Daddy, wanna play a game?" ... "Sure!" When the big trials come down the road of life, I know they will feel free to always come to their Daddy b/c he was always there for them when they were small.

The kids were pretty excited about celebrating Father's day. They each colored and put together special coupon books for Ben. He has been happily redeeming them all evening. He's gotten big bear hugs, and big kisses. He even got the dessert of his choice...Cherry Pie! That was Kate's coupon, so she helped me put it together.

About the cherry pie...I got pretty frustrated with this stinkin' cherry pie, I'll admit. I have one jar of cherries left. In fact they were past their expiration date, but that sure didn't deter me. We can't get them here anymore...at least we haven't seen them in a couple of years, so the jars that I'd been hoarding, I used very sparingly. So, now on June 20, I'm using my last jar. Anyway, I followed the recipe to make this pie, but I could NOT get the juice to thicken. I kept adding more cornstarch and finally flour. I gave up, and decided Ben could have cherry soup pie! As it was baking I talked to my mom on the computer. She laughed when I told her about it and said that I would have Cherry jelly in that pie when it was done baking. She was right. Usually cherry pies are a bit runny when they are fresh out of the oven...not mine!
But, Ben said it tasted ok, and that is all that matters. :D
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. How funny about the pie. I had a feeling that would happen. I am glad it didn't affect the taste though. I can just picture Ben redeeming his coupons. What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete