Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Bash

Let me first start my post by saying that I've done a ton of updating to my blog. I have been posting out of order and trying to catch up on some missing days. So, I don't want you to miss out on some pictures. If you are interested in catching up, click on the month of June in the sidebar (to the right) and start at the beginning of the month to find out all that has been going on.

Now on to our regularly scheduled program....:D

Well, Emma's birthday is Wed., but b/c of our crazy schedule, we decided to have her party earlier rather than later. She didn't contest it.


This past week I have been scouring the web for cake ideas. I've suddenly developed this desire to be a professional cake decorator. Obviously it is not happening, but I'll try my best for my kiddos. Kate's 2nd birthday party was the one that inspired me to try my hand at cake decorating. Kathy Whitely was here, and she just told me how easy it was to come up with a creative cake. To prove it, she whipped up a blues clues cake in no time flat. It was then that I made up my mind to make my kids birthdays special. We can't take them to Chuckie Cheese, or head over to the party palace to pick up specialty matching cups, plates and napkins. So, my way of making their birthday special is to make their cake special.


Ok, so back to the cake for Emma. I got her a Belle doll with matching horse and decided to do a princess theme. So, I dug out the marshmallows and confectioners sugar today and made up some fondant. She looks a little silly...a little plump in the hips...but here is the finished product:




Yeah, I've got a looooong way to go before I can be professional haha! But all the kids were amazed! We got a lot of giggles in as we began eating her dress! We had the Yeiter kids over to celebrate with us...and we had a great time!

And since Emma's birthday is officially not until Wednesday (she will be turning 6), I'll highlight the birthday girl then.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Becca, you are amazing. This cake is adorable. I can't wait to see Emma's face. I am glad that she had a good party tonight. Sure wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Becca! What gorgeous cakes you make... and don't even mention that they aren't professional - they beat so many I have seen, plus they are made with love and fun and that is what counts for your kids! :-) (I know this bc my Mom decorated adorable cakes for us growing up too!)
    It was neat to the pictures of when the Andrews' were there - my sister and I got to stay at Calvary for a week back in the spring and they were all such a blessing to us.
    Have I mentioned that I LOVE following your blog?!? I read every post and they are always so uplifting. As an MK, I can relate to so much of what you write about and I get inspired to go on loving missionary life even more.
    May the Lord richly bless you all!
    Jenifer


    p.s
    Hey now....what is so wrong with being big around the hips? - LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cakes are gorgeous! you could go pro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cake! It is so cute! I have discovered a love for making cakes lately too! It is so fun and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete