Friday, June 11, 2010

Crayola Fun

I'm really behind and trying to catch up on my posts...so this will be short and sweet.


Friday. It was rainy, cold, and relaxing. Ben and Pastor and Julie went into town. They had a lot of fun souvenir shopping and found all sorts of neat stuff. I knew with the extremely busy weekend ahead, that it would be best for me to stay home with the kids. It was a really relaxing day. I have started the kids on their vacation station books. It is two pages of review work from this past school year. They love it...it is fun. Well, everyone but Kate loves it. Surprise surprise. lol. I also told them that if they read every day they will get a prize (candy, gum, something small). So each day Drew has to read for 1 hour, and the smaller girls for 30 minutes. Thankfully the kids love to read.


Besides doing their reading I also dug out some of that crayola modeling clay. I can't remember exactly what it is called. You have 24 hours to mold with it and then it dries. I told the kids after it dries they can paint it. Kate made a snail, Drew made 2 spiders, Faith Ann made worms and here is Emma's creation:
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. How cute. Sometimes projects are a big deal. They take lots of mom's time and there is always a mess to clean up after. But it is fun for the kids. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete