Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday Girl

Well, today is Emma's offical b-day. She asked me this morning if she could have some new clothes. I was like, "Emma...we celebrated your birthday on Monday b/c Daddy is gone today, and I already told you that you'd get all your presents at your party." She was a good sport and was understanding though.

Her actual birthday ended up being a lot of fun for her. Our power went out sometime in the afternoon and our nightwatchman, Michael, was the one who flipped the breaker box off. He told me that there was a power line on fire and that we should cut the power. Sure enough, I could see from my yard a power pole completely engulfed in flames. I have no idea what the whole story is though. Anyway, once the fire was out, we went to turn the breaker back on, only to find out that the power was actually out then. They must have been working on it. Well, Susan lives on that side, so she was affected by the power line all night. She called me around 6 and said, "Can we come over and stay the night?" I was like, "Yes! Come over!" We had a great time. The kids were beyond excited! Oh my...they fell asleep SO late, and woke up at 6:30 a.m.!! Susan and I were up at an ungodly hour too, but it was so nice to be able to just sit and chat. We have been so busy...she has been especially, that it has been hard to get together. So, that turned out to be so much fun. (you can tell I'm writing this the next day, though my post date is actually June 23 :D ) So anyway, all in all Emma had a great birthday, full of lots of fun and very little sleep. haha! She is already looking forward to her next one. I keep trying to explain that it is a whole year away! and of course all the other kids are so ready to have their own birthday after seeing Emma's fun cake and all her presents. Faith Ann is next...July 14th and she is a very impatient little girl too! I'm glad hers is so soon.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Emma had such a fun birthday! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable picture of sweet Emma. She is really growing up and getting tall. You can tell she is getting older when she starts asking for clothes for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete