Thursday, April 15, 2010

Big Eater

Kate does a pretty good job hunting for food for Rex. Today she hit pay dirt...first coming in with him while he was trying to swallow a moth half his size...and then this... She found him a big grasshopper. He's already got a big chunk of that guy in his mouth by the time we snapped this picture. It must have taken him at least 10 minutes to get the whole thing down. The legs were the hardest part. :D (Ewwww!) He is doing great so far and enjoys living in our window. The kids carry him around quite a bit now, and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Today was catch up day in school with all the kids really. I'm trying to push them to have everything done. Emma did some extra math lessons, Drew went through a few pages of his division lessons, and Kate did yesterdays and todays phonics/handwriting/reading lesson. We are in the home stretch...and I can't wait.

Our water finally quit today. (boooo!) I guess maybe they figured out that our line was getting everything and nobody else had any?? I really don't know, but it is SO frustrating. I can't even begin to describe how frustrating!! I won't get my shower tonight :( and...I thought about doing a load of laundry this morning (while we still had water) and never did end up doing it. I could kick myself! Thankfully the rains are here and within a month or so everyone should have running water all the time.

Well, Ben is calling the family for devotions! I got my post done early tonight!! I'm so proud of myself :)
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. That picture is kinda ewww, but yet cool at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelli - it's cool and gross all at once! Sorry about the water woes, but hopefully everyone will have plenty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOOOOOOL picture! I am loving this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, this is such a GREAT blog and what an awesome picture!!!

    ReplyDelete